You can use any kind of ingredients that you have in the fridge to make fried rice. This time I simply made fried rice with bacon and onions.
The bacon gives a rich taste and the combination with onions makes it delicious. It's also a quick and easy dish to make.
Ingredients for Fried Rice with Bacon and Onions (for 2 people)
- Rice (we use Thai rice): 250ml
- Water: 400ml
- Bacon: 150g
- Onion: 1 medium size
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Soy sauce: a little
- Salt and pepper: a pinch
- Vegetable Oil: A little
How to Cook Fried Rice with Bacon and Onions
- Cook the rice with a little less water than usual.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, ginger and the bacon.
- Heat the salad oil in a wok and add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the chopped onions and bacon.
- Add the rice and cook on a high-medium heat.
- Lastly, Add a dash of soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: I recommend using less salt than usual as the bacon is salty.